Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Joy to the World with Cheery Lynn Designs

Greetings Cheery Lynn friends, I bet you're as busy as I am decorating, creating, baking and all those fun things that go along with this wonderful time of the year.   However, no matter how busy I am, I have to stop and have some me time, and that usually involves creating in my studio!

Today I'm sharing a card with you that is 6 x 6".  To make this card, first cut a rectangle 6 x 12" and score on the 6" line.  Then cut a patterned layer 5 1/2" square and notched the corners. (I used Authentique's Retro Christmas 6 x 6 pad).


Now cut a mat from Pierced Stacker 3 (the 2nd largest) and adhere  that in the center of the card. Next cut a wreath and sentiment using the Joy To The World Wreath 3 Die Set and adhere over the Pierced Stacker.  To give the wreath some dimesion and fullness I also used the Wreath Strip 7 Piece Die Set.  I cut the little circles off the foliage pieces and glued just the ends all around the wreath.  I also added some Lindy's Ponderosa Pines mist to the foliage pieces and dried with my heat gun.  That made the pieces curl up a bit so when I glued the ends, the foliage naturally popped up a little bit.  A little bit of stickles applied here and there to resemble holly berries and I think the wreath looks really nice!


Of course every wreath needs flowers and a bow so I tied up some pretty ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon and glued that down to the top of my wreath.  I made a pretty flower for the center from the Black Eyed Susan Strip 5 Piece Die Set and two small roses using the Medium- Rose 7 Piece Die Set.  Then I got out my favorite die, (at least for this month 😉) the  Holly Corner Die  and tucked in some holly around the blooms.  I love how this card came together!

Cheery Lynn Products Used:


Other Products:
Authentique Retro Christmas collection 6 x 6 pad
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Sheer Iridescent Red
Red cardstock
Christmas Red Stickles

Thanks for visiting me today, I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...