Pages

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

March Creative Embellishments Challenge with Petaloo Blooms!


Yep, it's March already and time for the 3rd challenge at Creative Embellishments (CE) for the year.  This is the inspiration photo for the challenge and the twist is to use something that flies on your project.  You can find all the challenge details here  on the Creative Embellishments blog.

I created a project for both Creative Embellishments and Petaloo design teams today.  The products just went so well together!
I used a Prima birdcage to build a little fantasy land lit with a perfect litle string of lights from Creative Embellishments.  Then I created a carpet of flowers and clover using Petaloo's Vintage Velvet Pansies and CE's 4 leaf Clover chipboard.

Here it is in daylight.


The fairy is from the Tiny Fairies set and I used stickles on the fairy's wings, hair and body so that she would shimmer as I think fairies do.



I first used Petaloo's Darjeeling Green Hydrangeas to create my floral carpet and then layered the pansies over top. The clovers were first painted with green acrylic paint and then I painted on some Lindy's to give them some magical sparkle.   Afterall this is as fantasy scene!  ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜Š

The twist for CE's challenge is to use something that flies and there are a couple of Petaloo Darjeeling butterfly flitting about  along with the sweet fairy!



Creative Embellishments Products Used:


Petaloo Products Used:
Vintage Velvet Pansies x 15 Lav/Purp SKU: 1110-205
Darjeeling Hydrangeas x 24green SKU: 1493-107
Darjeeling Mini Butterflies x 8 Teastained Greens SKU: 1486-107





3 comments:

  1. Simply stunning project. Love the colors. I am so mad about the cage. Simply georgeous, one of my fav type flowers are Petaloo. Nice touch on the clover leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is just beautiful! Are the little lights just laying in the bottom? Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The lights are like a tiny string of Christmas lights and they are woven throughout, so not all are on the bottom. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...