Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

A Collage Tag

Do you have a creative game plan for 2018?  I do, of a sorts.  I want to explore that "other me", the one who likes to go off on tangents to see if something "works" or not.  Yep, this often results in projects destined for the trash but it really is the only way for me to grow as an artist.  At this point, I think I've scrapped all the photos that I want to scrap at least twice, so it's time to channel my creative interests in a different direction.  Of course, I will ALWAYS love Graphic 45 and I will always make pretty things with their papers but I can do that while I also play at other things!


On this giant Creative Embellishments tag (it's 5.5" x 10") I decided to try my hand at collage work.  First I painted the tag with white gesso and then gathered up some fun images and glued them on with gel medium.  After that dried I used some clear crackle Texture Paste over some of the images.

I'm entering this project in the "Three is Not A Crowd" challenge at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog.  The challenge is to create a vintage or shabby project that includes multiples of 3 of something.  I've used 3 chipboard flourishes, 3 dimensional flowers and 6 different mediums, gesso, texture paste, gel medium, ink, Distress Stain, and mists. Frilly and Funkie always has fun challenges that are sure to stoke you imagination!

Tim Holtz has a great botanical images ephemera pack and I used a lot of those along with some miscellaneous items from my stash.
The Creative Embellishments chipboard pieces were colored with Lindy's mists and then crackle paste was applied here and there to give an aged effect.

After applying the crackle paste and letting it dry, I went over it with Distress ink to bring out the crack created by the paste.

Supplies Used:
Creative Embellishments Chipboard:
  Large Tags
  Flourish 2
  Flourish 30
  Flourish Corner 4
TCW Gel Medium
TCW White Gesso
Prima Clear Crackle Texture Paste
Lindy's Mists - Gator Gumbo Olive
Prima beads
Petaloo Darjeeling Flowers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Botanical Layers

Thanks for stopping by today, I appreciate it!!
 



8 comments:

  1. Yum! I love collage...and this is a really pretty one! It's fun to go treasure hunting amid all those luscious layers. Beautiful color palette, and I love the crackle finish. Kudos to you for trying new things! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the first Frilly and Funkie Challenge of 2018: Three is Not a Crowd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tahnk you dear Kathy! Can't wait to see you on Friday!

      Delete
  2. Hi Maggi. . .so glad I recently found your blog. Love this collage tag and the invitation to try new creative things in 2018. Trying something like this will do that for me. I have so much of what you've listed in your supplies and have not yet tried so...here goes! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Good luck with the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, I'm so glad I was able to inspire you. I would love to see what you come up with. Are you on Facebook? If so, send me a friend request. Maggi Harding or Maggi43

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggi, it looks like you've been collaging all your life! This is so well put together; my eye flows so effortlessly around the tag! Those three crackled chippies work magic amongst Tim's botanical layers. It's funny, I just pulled mine out to play with last night after a LONG hoard! I guess I just want it to be spring! Thank you so much for playing along with our Three is Not a Crowd challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maggi! So happy to see you're venturing out into some new expressions! This is an AMAZING start! I just love every detail in this gorgeous collage. It's simply stunning! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Frilly & Funkie! Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the mix and layers of the gorgeous flowers with the pretty girl peaking out. Thank you for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie's Three is Not a Crowd Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to see your gorgeous tag is a Top Pick at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...