Pages

Friday, January 12, 2018

Layout for Creative Embellishments



"Do the Things You Think You Cannot Do."  That is a wonderful quote and that's what this layout is all about.  I think it is important to always reach higher and higher, attempting to do things that you haven't done before.  Yes, it might be difficult or even impossible, but just trying gives me satisfaction.

The paper collection that I used on this layout is Stamperia's Time is An Illusion.  It goes along with this quote and the image of this woman is part of that collection.  Her look is so haunting and I thought it worked well with the quote.

I used  a lot of Creative Embellishments chipboard on my design beginning with the Circle Vine Frame to really emphasize her image as the focal point.  I inked the frame with Oxide Distress Ink and then covered with Ranger Crackle Accents.


I made her head piece with a Greek Gable End Ornament and the smaller of the corners from the Photo/Page corner set 6.  To achieve the silver look, I heat embossed with Stampendous Aged Silver Embossing Enamel.  I love how that turned out!  

A few flowers added to complete the look!

I used two border strips, Dripping Heart Lace Border and Swirly Border on either side of the image and layered them just underneath the image design paper. I added some cotton lace over the Dripping Heart Lace Border.  Both border strips were heat embossed with Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel.

The quote says "Do the things you think you cannot do" and it is also heat embossed with Stampendous Aged Silver Embossing Enamel.  

Creative Embellishments Chipboard Used:







Thanks for joining me today!  Be sure to join in our monthly challenges, you can read all about how easy it is to enter on our blog!  Lots of new flair in the store too, be sure to stop by and take a look.

6 comments:

  1. I abslutely adore this, it is stunning and of course the use of those CEs looks totally fantasic!!

    I noticed you used Stamperia papers before, - where do yu purchase them? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astrid! I recently purchased from FotoBella.

      Delete
  2. What an incredibly creative layout! It's definitely got me thinking outside the box. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is magnificently striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!This paper collection is just devine, the layout is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...